Please copy and print or click on the blue button at the bottom for a PDF form
Chow Bella Mobile Groomer Terms of Service
1.Our philosophy is to offer a stress free grooming experience for your dog. We pay special attention to older pets and pets with health issues. Your pet’s safety and comfort is our first priority. We will not perform any grooming procedure that causes pain or a level of stress that we think is excessive. This includes nail trimming in some situations. Please understand there always a lies the risk of injury with any moving target (pet) with sharp grooming objects (scissors, clippers, shampoo, water, etc.).
2. You, the owner, will advise or remind us of any medical, physical, emotional issues, allergies, sensitivities, or pre-existing conditions. These may include prior surgeries, hip or joint issues, warts, moles, ear infections or skin problems at time of service(s).
3. If your pet has behavior problems, please let us know. Chow Bella Mobile Groomer reserves the right to use a muzzle on your pet for safety purposes and will do its due diligence to safely complete the groomer to the best of our ability. The owner will be held liable for any bites that require medical treatment and for any property damage caused by their pet. Chow Bella Mobile Groomer reserves the right to refuse service and collect full payment for the appointment.
4. Appointments: We will arrive as close to the scheduled appointment time as possible, however, sometimes situations occur that will disrupt the daily schedule of the groomer. This includes traffic, weather, illness(es), mechanical difficulties, spending more time with an older/younger pet or a difficult pet. The pet’s safety will never be compromised by rushing to meet a schedule. We will try to text and advised of an a departure time when schedules change beyond our control or if in the event Chow Bella is unable to make the scheduled appointment a weekend or if possible an evening appointment will be made for the soonest possible date and time. This is to insure that all pre- scheduling continues to flow smoothly for yourself and other clients and Chow Bella. * We may not be able to stop to answer calls or texts during grooming at times, but once we are finished and in route we will reply.
Scheduling is very important and things do happen with both clients and the unforeseen business disruption and we will do our best to accommodate you and move you if and how we can. The purpose is to keep things to run smoothly is to not cause a domino effect on the pre- scheduled appointments. We ask our clients to be flexible to accommodate others for these occasional incidentals because who knows it can happen to you.
Scheduling is done primarily by locale.The weekend prior to your appointment we group clients per their locale so that there is fluidity to the route. We will give you a call or text you the weekend prior to your appointment. So if you are every four weeks please expect a call or text the weekend prior to your appointment. Please respond as soon as possible so we can move forward to the next client to schedule. If your response is not received we may offer it to the next client(s). We can give you a round about day and time but things might change by the weekend prior to your appointment. ie: If we are doing clients in Monmouth Beach and Sea Bright and Long Branch it would not make sense to go to Freehold that day.
There is a hierarchy of appointments and scheduling. Standing appointments are requested to be done. Customers who are seen on a 4 week basis trump a customer that is seem on a 12 week basis who will be put in where there is a opening. Those who do not do a standing appointments will be put where there is an opening and/or when I am in their doing other clients.
Cancellations: Chow Bella is a small business operation and counts on your service to operate and support the sole proprietor. As we discussed above things happen but as a small sole proprietor who counts on the income it is a loss and yet to be fair to clients too because things do happen in life. I hope this is a fair and a reasonable win-win compromise to a sticky subject. First cancellation is forgiven; second cancellation in a year full fee of the grooming for the business loss. We require a minimum of 24 hours notice to change or cancel an appointment. Giving advance notice gives us the opportunity to fill your grooming slot and rearrange our schedule. If we show up for the appointment and there is no one at home to release the pet, a cancellation fee will apply. If you cancel 3 times we will not be able to keep you on our routing schedule but we will put you on our call list.
*We do have a Latch Key Program to assist in not missing appointments for the on the go pet owner.
5. Pricing varies for each pet and is determined by breed, size and condition of your pet. Additional charges may apply due to the pet’s temperament and behavior during the groom. The price quoted includes sales tax.
6. Matting: If your pet cannot be humanely de-matted, we may ask permission to clip the hair short and “start over.” We will always ask for your permission. Please keep in mind that a matted coat can cause numerous health conditions including itching, irritation, and skin infections. Removing a heavily matted coat includes risks of nicks, cuts or abrasions. Heavy matting can also trap moisture near the pet’s skin allowing fungus or bacteria to grow causing skin irritations that exist prior to the grooming process. If it is in the best interest of the pet not to de-matt and if you refuse a shave down you will still be charged for services rendered.
7. Chow Bella Mobile Groomer will not groom any dogs that is not up-to-date on their rabies vaccinations and highly suggests that you pet is inoculated with kennel cough vaccine. Although we have not had any outbreaks this is to protect your pet. If you pet comes down with any contagious disease please notify us as soon as possible so we can take any necessary steps to protect the groomer and grooming environment and protect our clients .
8. Our latch key program allows us to enter your home while you are not available. If possible keep the pet in a contained area like a laundry room. If that is not possible we ask you to leave all bedrooms and other doors closed so your pet does not go hiding under beds and has less area to hide. Chow Bella Mobile Groomer is bonded to give you piece of mind against any possible fears of theft. If you are a client that leaves your home available to enter while you are not home. Anyone who wish to have a copy of the bond please do not hesitate to ask and one will be provided to you via email.
9. There is a $35 bounced check fee.
10. Chow Bella Mobile Grooming will always take special care of your pet. Though we take every precaution to insure your pet’s safety. We are not responsible for pets that run away. If this is a concern you may put your pet inside our mobile unit and come out when your pet is done.
I understand and do agree to the above terms for the grooming and maintenance of my pet(s) and in consideration of the grooming services of Chow Bella Mobile Groomer, and agree to hold harmless from damage, loss or claims arising from any injury or condition, and any known or unknown pre-existing condition of my pet(s). The terms, special services or handling shall include but are not limited to veterinarian services in the event I am not available. I authorize Chow Bella Mobile Groomer to act as my agent in the event emergency veterinarian services, care-taking and/or transportation is necessary and I agree to pay all costs. Any/all damages, loss or claim shall include, but not be limited to death, injury or shock. Said pre-existing shall include, but not be limited to illness, previous injury, skin or coat conditions, medical conditions, advanced age or nervousness.
I authorize Chow Bella Mobile Groomer to seek medical attention immediately if the situation permits.
Chow Bella Mobile Groomer shall not be held liable for any after-grooming effects of de-matting, clipping procedures, or problems uncovered on a badly matted or otherwise neglected coat including, but not limited to: itchiness, skin redness or self-inflicted irritations/abrasions from excessive external rubbing. I understand that time and costs associated with de-matting are unpredictable and subject to the particular condition of my dog; consequently, I agree to pay whatever fees are incurred as a result of de-matting. Determining whether a dog is “matted,” furthermore, is at the sole discrimination of Chow Bella Mobile Groomer.
Chow Bella Mobile Groomer shall not be held responsible for the disappearance of pet while services are being rendered, including, but not limited to, run-away.
I agree to inform Chow Bella Mobile Groomer prior to grooming if the dog has ever bitten any human or another dog, or if the dog has any aggressive tendencies whatsoever. I understand and agree that I will be held solely liable for any harm, injury, or property damage caused by my dog to any and all of Chow Bella Mobile Groomer’s staff, and properties.
Chow Bella Mobile Groomer shall not be held liable for the well-being of any and all pets or owners, including, but not limited to, sickness, injury, death, etc.,
I agree to pay all costs for the grooming of the dog including, but not limited to, special handling requirements, de-matting, and fees due for missed appointments.
I agree to make sure my dog has relieved itself, and has taken any and all scheduled medications prior to grooming appointment time.
I have read and accept this policy for the groom today and for any and all future grooming appointments.
Home Phone____________________Cell Number_______________________Email__________________________
Name (Pet) ________________________Age______Breed____________________________
A proud member of the National Dog Groomers Association of America